The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ customer service experience; preferably working with a technical product
- Familiarity with ERP systems (experience with SAP Business One highly desirable)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- A proactive spirit and the ability to make outbound calls and help hunt for new business
- A strong understanding of best practices regarding customer service
- The ability to track activity and call details
- A track record of tenure on the job
- College degree
- Technical/mechanical background
- Sales experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
The RoleReporting to the Lead CSR, as Customer Satisfaction Representative, your mission will be to help facilitate sales with our Manufacturer’s Representatives and Dealer/Distributor network around the globe, assisting both Reps and Customers with quotes, sales order accuracy, application solutions, pricing programs, and B2B customer service. You will also be responsible for supporting the National Sales Managers through service issue management and avoidance, furnishing reports, providing project and order status updates, etc.
You’ll join a team of other talented CSRs, and you’ll be responsible for assisting Reps by serving as the inside point of contact for your assigned group of dedicated Reps. You’ll handle calls and emails regarding a wide variety of issues, inquiries and questions.
When you are not working on customer service issues, we will expect you to take a proactive approach to reaching out to customers to help facilitate the sales process.
By the end of your 90 day on boarding program, our goal is for you to be sufficient in your skills, company protocol and product knowledge; so that you can effectively communicate with your internal teammates, external sales representatives and customers to assist and provide answers to their Mars business needs. At the end of the training period, you'll know you've found success in this role if you've met the following key metrics:
- Capable of configuring units for basic applications using our product configurator program
- Capable of taking mid-level customer service calls
- Fluent in SAP Business One
- Self-sufficient and capable of researching issues and application solutions through documents and key individuals
- Capable of managing time and projects
- Assist Reps and Customers through various communication avenues (Phone, Email, Web, Sales Rep Portal, etc. ) by accurately configuring product and control mechanisms per their specific applications on quotes and sales orders
- Make product recommendations upon request
- Apprise customers of any changes on a timely basis about ship dates, production concerns or service issues related to their Purchase Orders
- Follow-up on quotes along with the National Sales Managers to facilitate moving quotes into purchase orders
- Be able to assist in the processing of Leads as a viable way to prospect for new customers
- Suggest improvements to the relationship between the Factory, Reps, and the Dealer/Distributor network
- Process customer returns for designated market area when necessary
- Suggest cost avoidance recommendations seen through the processing of service issues
- Demonstrate skill sets related to various software and database programs normally utilized in a business setting, such as Microsoft Office
- Handle escalated customer service issues presented by Reps, Customers, and Staff. Escalates as necessary to the CS Lead or Sales Managers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Mars Air SystemsDedicated Customer Service and Support
Since 1962, Mars has stood proudly behind every product. Whether our customers’ needs are simple entrance doors or complex cold storage doors, they always receive prompt, friendly and knowledgeable service. You’ll play a key role in ensuring this service continues to be top-notch.
Ability to learn and grow
You'll have plenty to learn in this role, and we're dedicated to promoting from within whenever possible. Prove yourself in this position, and you'll find there are many avenues to expand your skill set or take on additional responsibilities.
We are a small company with large industry brand recognition. We are proud of our close-knit and collaborative environment. We promote an open-door, family-oriented culture and are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team.
We have a tag line that says, “Atmosphere is Everything,” and it means two things. First, that our products create great places to live, work and play, and second, that our employees bring that same attitude to work each day!
Extensive Distribution Network
Mars Air Systems is a global company with knowledgeable factory trained representatives and distributors located all across the country and around the world.
We value our employees and demonstrate our strong appreciation by providing competitive compensation (including a strong hourly rate and bonus opportunities) and a solid benefits package.
Pictured: We work with some of the world’s most notable companies. Here are just a few of our top customers!
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be dedicated to providing the best customer experience possible. As an experienced CSR, you already understand the importance of this, and you know that every call you answer may not always have a happy customer on the other end of the line. It will be important that you remain calm in high-pressure situations. If you’re the type of person who can turn a negative customer interaction into a positive one, you could be just the professional that we are looking for.
Additionally, in order to find success here you will have a strong learning acumen as you get up to speed on our robust and technical product line. There may be a learning curve, but we will provide a strong foundation of training and ongoing support to get you up and running.
We’re looking for a candidate who embraces our core values and is eager to launch a long-term career.
At Mars Air Systems, our commitment is to:
- Be honest — Our interactions are genuine, heart-felt and sincere. We respect each other’s opinions and views, which fosters open dialog, creativity and trust.
- Be passionate — We engage fully, in work and in life. We work with integrity, loyalty and dedication. We live life with a commitment to family, friends, community, self and play.
- Be bold — The Company grows when our team members grow. We challenge each other to try new things and learn from our successes and mistakes.
- Be team — We share a common vision and embrace a common work ethic. We treat each other with humility and respect. We continually recognize the contributions of others and share the credit for our successes.
- Perfect the customer experience — We continually challenge ourselves to improve, automate and innovate, and perfect the personal experience.
- Give back — We give back to the search through product design that contributes to our planet’s sustainability. The Mars team gives back to the communities in which they work, live and play.